What do HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Wistia have in common? They’re all B2B companies with high-traffic, lead-generating media engines that support their products.
Month: September 2022
Laura Stuart of Laura Elizabeth Jewelry joined Studio 512 Co-Host Rosie Newberry to talk about online jewelry shopping tips.
I’m shopping online a lot these days, the hardest part is knowing how the sizing works. When it comes to necklace lengths, how do I know what’s what and what’s best for me?
“The first thing to think about is your height and what is the most common neckline you wear. For example, do you wear more boatnecks, scoop necks, v-necks, button down, or turtlenecks? I’m a bit about versatility. I’m 5’8 and have a pretty thin neck, so I wear 15-16 inches. 15 inches or under are considered ‘chokers.’ All Laura Elizabeth necklaces come with a two-inch extender. So, a 16-inch necklace looks good with most necklines. However, if I want to layer it, the extender gives me room to play.”
How do I know where the 16-inch necklace hits
Inflation has raised its ugly head these past few months. Everything is more expensive in particular electricity, heat and food. But we keep positive and plan – that is the key.
The main component of planning is creating lists – lists of all kinds. For instance, do you plan before you shop? Always bring your loyalty or discount cards, vouchers with you when shopping? Check what’s in the pantry or fridge before you leave home?
John Lowe of MoneyDoctors.ie gives invaluable advice on how to shop smart with the austerity challenges ahead of us with 20 ways to shed those euros.
1. Always shop with a pre-written grocery list. Stick to what is on the list.
2. Check to see what you need before making out a shopping list – many shoppers buy items they already have in stock. Check your pantry/fridge.
3. Create a daily list for updating. If
The more traffic your blog or site receives, the better. But drive-bys aren’t enough to drive user engagement and ultimately boost sales — instead, you need to convince potential customers that it’s worth sticking around. Topical content and its counterpart, evergreen content, can help you achieve this goal.
Shopping online or by television has grown increasing popular throughout the years, mainly due to convenience. Buyers can often obtain substantial deals without having to leave home. As added bonuses, products generally arrive quickly and can be delivered directly to the doorstep. But, before you throw down your credit cards and commit to buying anything, consider these factors:
- Make sure you are buying from a reputable business and opt for trusted websites.
- Always use strong passwords that are changed frequently.
- Check bank and credit card statements regularly.
- When shopping online, beware of misspellings that can take you to the wrong websites.
- Also beware of unofficial domain names designed to trick buyers (for example .net rather than .com).
- Use websites with an SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption. URLs generally start with HTTPS rather than HTTP.
- Never give out your birthday or SSN (social security number).